Are you interested in learning about NetSuite Development but not sure where to start?
We came up with this guide where you can learn for free!
Head over to w3schools for a free text-based tutorial
2. Read about the NetSuite APIs in the Help Guide
The NetSuite Help Guide will be your go-to resource when it comes to learning about the NetSuite APIs. Here you will learn some helpful information in writing your code such as what a certain method does, which script types supports it and what are the parameters used.
3. Look for code samples in SuiteAnswers
SuiteAnswers is a repository of code samples for certain use cases. The ones that contain the code samples are the “Support Articles”, as shown in the below screenshot. Make sure to shorten your keywords so you can have a better shot at finding a relevant article.
4. Watch Youtube videos about SuiteScript
There are several videos on Youtube that talk about SuiteScript but these are the top two videos that I’d recommend.
SuiteCloud: SuiteScript Help Overview – This video gives you some guidance on using the NetSuite Help Guide so you can start writing your own SuiteScript.
[ESS] How to write your very first SuiteScript – for non-developers! by Stoic Software – This video is a perfect jumpstart for you to start writing your first script. Stoic Software has tons of SuiteScript videos online and you can check the other ones here.
5. Join online NetSuite communities
- NetSuite User Group – this is the official NetSuite user group where you can post your questions online and receive answers about NetSuite Development, through “SuiteCloud / Customization” section. You will be asked to create an Oracle account to join. This is a private channel so it is not searchable from Google but the upside is that you will occasionally get answers from NetSuite employees directly.
- NetSuite Professionals Slack Group – This is the biggest user group in the NetSuite Community. Head over to #suitescript channel so you can learn and ask questions from NetSuite Developers all over the world.
- NetSuiteProfessionals.com – A byproduct from the NetSuiteProfessionals Slack group, this is a great channel where you can post your development questions and have a reference for later user. My favorite part about this tool is that it’s searchable from Google.
- NetSuite Reddit group – Yes, there is a Reddit group for NetSuite professionals. You can post questions and review existing ones by using the “SuiteScript” filter.
We would love to hear from individuals like you who’s interested to learn about NetSuite Development. Have a chat with us!
CEANA TECHNOLOGY is a team of NetSuite Certified Developers with IT experience solely dedicated to NetSuite technologies for eight years. We are experts in both SuiteScript 2.0 and SuiteScript 1.0. Our team has worked with 400+ NetSuite scripts and workflows combined.
Do you have NetSuite Development needs? Do you need help with a solution like this? Click on the link below and let’s have a chat about your project requirements!